National PTA Reflections
"Within Reach" is the theme for the 2017-2018 school year. Create an original work in as many of the categories as you choose. Be recognized for your creativity!
SPECIAL NOTE: Reflections is a PTA member benefit. All entrants must have at least one current Harrington PTA member in their household for this school year. Click HERE to renew or join the PTA.
"What Is The Reflections Art Program?"
The National PTA Reflections Program is America's oldest and largest arts education program of its kind. Reflections welcomes students of all grade levels and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students are encouraged to reflect on the common theme and create original artistic works in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
- We are excited to offer "Fine Arts University" where students will create their entries with instruction in the fine arts. (See more on our Fine Arts U information page ) Our first class begins Thursday, September 14th and ends October 19th. (It is an optional class and is not required in order to submit an entry into the Reflections Program.)
- FAU is to help the students create an entry for Reflections.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per student.
- Program Rules English | Spanish
- Student Entry Forms English | Spanish
- Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form.
- Remember to reflect the theme "Within Reach?" in the work!
- Guidelines and requirements must be met or your entry will not be judged (see the program rules above).
- Submit completed entries to Mr. Herndon or front office labeled "Reflections."
- Entry Deadline: Friday, November 3, 2017
- Please email us with any questions at HarringtonPrograms@gmail.com
"What do we win? Is this a contest?"
- This is not technically a contest. It is truly a program created to allow students a forum to explore the arts and expand their interests and talents.
- All entrants will be recognized at the last Spirit Rally of the Fall Semester and receive Husky Bucks for each entry! **Mystery prizes for top entries!**
- Ribbons will be awarded to all entrants, with recognition categories of:
- Award of Excellence (blue ribbon)
- Award of Merit (red ribbon)
- Honorable Mention (white ribbon)
- Participant (green ribbon).
- Submissions will be displayed at the school and top entries will be featured in the yearbook.
- Top entries will advance to Plano ISD Council of PTAs at the beginning of December for the next level judging with potential to advance to the Texas PTA and National PTA levels.
- Students who place at District will also be recognized at the last Spirit Rally of the year.
Reflections Theme Search 2018-2019
Each year, National PTA’s Reflections Program adopts a new theme that students use when creating their artwork. Theme ideas are submitted by students from across the country. The student who submits the winning entry receives $100 and his/her theme is used as the foundation for Reflections in a following year. Click here for the online entry form. Submission deadline is TBD. For additional information, please visit the Texas PTA Reflections Theme Search page.
Facebook: Harrington PTA
World Wear Project
Harrington receives $0.15 for every pound we donate! Drop items off anytime in the bin located in the parking lot. What's accepted: shoes, clothing (including stained, torn, or otherwise damaged), belts, purses, hats, caps, backpacks, hard toys, stuffed animals, pots and pans, metal kitchen utensils, etc.