The emergency meeting is being held on Tuesday, January 22nd at 2:45pm in the library to address budget items.
You can download the amended income and expense documents (the highlighted rows have changes) here:
Below is the list of motions that will be voted on at the meeting. Please note that the motions presented below account for the highlighted changes in the proposed budget. The items below will be funded from the additional income that was received from the Fun Run, the North Texas Giving Day donations, and removing money in the escrow accounts that is above the amount needed to fund the items.
1. Motion to approve Grant Request for the purchase of three sets of vests for approximately $100 for the Green Team to be paid for out of the School Improvements budget.
2. Motion to approve Grant Request for the purchase a set of Blue-Bots robotics for approximately $750 for K-2nd grades to be paid for out of the School Improvements budget.
3. Motion to approve Grant Request for the purchase of two new benches for the playground area. The benches will be purchased for $938 from American Parks to be paid for out of the School Improvements budget.
4. Motion to approve Grant Request for $500 to be paid to the school to be added to the copy center budget for staff to be paid for out of the School Improvements budget.
5. Motion to approve the purchase of Frisbee sets for 3rd-5th grades and the balls for each grade for a total of $246.85 to be paid for out of the School Improvements budget.
6. Motion to reduce Popcorn Fundraiser Budget Income to $11,000 due to overage from Fun Run Fundraiser.
7. Motion to approve the purchase of two sets of Pugg goals for approximately $180 to be paid for out of the School Improvements budget.
8. Motion to approve a $100 donation in memory of Jake Durkin to Plano Senior High School Theater Department to be paid for out of the Educational Grants budget.
We need several volunteers to help with Science Night which will be held at Harrington Elementary on January 17, 2019 from 6:30PM - 7:30PM. We have broken them into 2 time shifts so that you will have time to enjoy the event with your kiddos.
We look forward to seeing you! It will be a great night!
Explore physics, engineering, aeronautics, astronomy, biology, robotics, computer programming, and chemistry through immersive, hands-on experiences and activities that build critical thinking and problem solving skills.
(Following a 6:15 PTA Meeting)
Gymnasium / Cafeteria
Harrington Science Fair winners will be announced!!!
• Program simple codes
• Build circuits
• Enjoy hands-on experiments
• Watch a Science Magic Show
• Learn about 3D Printing
• Meet and learn about exotic animals
• Code a robot
• Participate in a Technical Theater Workshop
• Compete in the Lego Car Derby
• Get a balloon animal or your face painted
• Take a family photo in the Science Night photo booth
• Meet and learn about reptiles
• Code a musical instrument
• Explore DNA
• Compete in Family challenges
• Win prizes
• View Harrington Science Fair Projects
A special thanks to all our sponsors!
Fun Run Sponsors
To volunteer at Harrington Elementary at any time (class parties, field trips, field day, etc) you must complete a background check.
This has to be done every year, so do it now for the 2018-2019 school year.
Click here for the volunteer application. It can take up to 2 weeks to get cleared, so fill it out now!
Questions or concerns? Let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.