Your membership dollars pay for many things (that school funding doesn't cover!):
- Educational student assemblies
- Field trips
- Field day
- Field day t-shirts
- Classroom parties
- Classroom supplies
- Snacks for testing days
- Fifth-grade end-of-year celebration
- Our website
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause - the growth of your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from various providers and sponsors, including Great Wolf Lodge, Sea World San Antonio, Texas Rangers, LaQuinta Inns & Suites, Dell, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Schlitterbahn Waterparks & Resorts, Six Flags, and more.
Make every child's potential a reality.
When you join PTA, you take a step toward improving your child's education. You join millions of members across the nation who believe that our future lies in the hands of today's youth. We all want to see our children succeed, and studies have shown that being involved in your child's education is key to achieving that goal. Grades and test scores improve and self-esteem grows.
When legislators meet to discuss public education, PTA numbers speak volumes about advocating for change in our school systems. Successful students are everyone's business, and when students succeed, communities benefit.
Lifetime Members Roster
Receiving an Honorary Life Membership Award is one of the highest forms of recognition to let a volunteer know how much we truly appreciate their dedication to our children and the community.
|Ann||Boles||Honorary Life Member||2/18/2016|
|Sally||Pylant||Honorary Life Member||2/18/2016|
|Victoria||Kearns||Honorary Life Member||2/18/2015|
|Krista||Benson||Honorary Life Member||2/11/2014|
|Melissa||Woods||Honorary Life Member||2/11/2014|
|Ali||Guthmiller||Honorary Life Member||2/12/2013|
|Kati||Hamar||Honorary Life Member||2/12/2013|
|Sheila||Smith||Honorary Life Member||2/28/2012|
|Linda||Culbreth||Honorary Life Member||2/10/2011|
|Barbara||Hess||Honorary Life Member||2/10/2011|
|Aretha||Lafayette||Honorary Life Member||2/10/2011|
|Cyndi||Campbell||Honorary Life Member||2/17/2009|
|Keith||Griffin||Honorary Life Member||2/17/2009|
|Stephanie||Broyles||Honorary Life Member||2/26/2008|
|Patty||Gidden||Honorary Life Member||2/26/2008|
|Kristal||Hambelton||Honorary Life Member||2/26/2008|
|Nancy||Little||Honorary Life Member||2/26/2008|
|Debbi||Oliger||Honorary Life Member||2/13/2007|
|Kelly||Richardson||Honorary Life Member||2/13/2007|
|Brenda||Thompson||Honorary Life Member||2/13/2007|
|Norma||Groetken||Honorary Life Member||2/23/2006|
|Scott||Herndon||Honorary Life Member||2/23/2006|
|Johnny||Rudder||Honorary Life Member||2/23/2006|
|Melinda||Rudder||Honorary Life Member||2/23/2006|
|Martha||Teague||Honorary Life Member||2/23/2006|
|Sara||Lytton||Honorary Life Member||2/24/2005|
|Elmo||Stimpson||Honorary Life Member||2/24/2005|
|Katie||Wylie||Extended Service Award||2/24/2005|
|Deborah||Jones||Honorary Life Member||2/26/2004|
|Thelma||White||Honorary Life Member||2/26/2004|
|Mr. Dennis||Lee||Honorary Life Member||2/27/2003|
|Denise||Bland||Honorary Life Member||2/21/2002|
|Joan||Chisamore||Honorary Life Member||2/21/2002|
|Delores||Nelms||Honorary Life Member||2/21/2002|
|Morris||Nelms||Honorary Life Member||2/21/2002|
|Paula||Chapman||Honorary Life Member||2/22/2001|
|Pam||Norz||Honorary Life Member||2/22/2001|
|Terry||Wood||Honorary Life Member||2/22/2001|
|Aleece||Schwalenberg||Honorary Life Member||2/22/2000|
|Nancy||Stiles||Honorary Life Member||2/22/2000|
|John||Baldwin||Honorary Life Member||2/23/1999|
|Mrs. Jamie||Sykes||Honorary Life Member||2/23/1999|
|Katie||Wylie||Honorary Life Member||2/23/1999|
|Ann||Irvine||Honorary Life Member||2/10/1998|
|Martha||Johnson||Honorary Life Member||2/10/1998|
|Fran||McKinney||Honorary Life Member||2/10/1998|
|Carla||Grubenman||Honorary Life Member||2/17/1997|
|Rhonda||Sawyer||Honorary Life Member||2/17/1997|
Facebook: Harrington PTA
World Wear Project
Harrington receives $0.15 for every pound we donate! Drop items off anytime in the bin located in the parking lot. What's accepted: shoes, clothing (including stained, torn, or otherwise damaged), belts, purses, hats, caps, backpacks, hard toys, stuffed animals, pots and pans, metal kitchen utensils, etc.