6pm on Thursday, April 19, 2018
Get ready to travel the world at Culture Night!
Harrington's Culture Night is a FREE Family Event that allows Husky families to attend and learn about other cultures, traditions, food, languages, crafts, music, dance, clothing and much more!
HOST YOUR OWN COUNTRY'S TABLE! (--all spots filled for 2018--)
We would love for you to join us at the Culture Night exhibit and represent your country! You will have your own table where you'll be able to display anything you would like to share about your country and culture with the Harrington Community. Come in traditional dress or anything that represents your heritage.
- Argentina, Paraguay, Colombia
- Dominican Republic
Thank you to all the volunteers -- all spots are filled for 2018. It’s going to be a great event and we hope to see you all there!
Would you like to share a heritage talent with the visitors?
We hosted a Chinese Opera troupe and dancers at recent culture fairs. Singing, dancing and making crafts would all be considered as options to showcase.
Email us here today at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be part of this event!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT CULTURE NIGHT?
- There will be tables representing countries from around the world.
- Students will have the opportunity to learn more about those countries and cultures. Each student will also have a "passport" that will get stamped each time they visit a different country's table.
- You will get to taste food from around the world!
- A Parade of Nations will be presented by the students along with a special evening presentation.
- Wednesday, November 21
- Thursday, November 22
- Friday, November 23
- Monday, November 26
- Tuesday, November 27
- Friday, November 30
Fun Run Sponsors
To volunteer at Harrington Elementary at any time (class parties, field trips, field day, etc) you must complete a background check.
This has to be done every year, so do it now for the 2018-2019 school year.
Click here for the volunteer application. It can take up to 2 weeks to get cleared, so fill it out now!
Questions or concerns? Let us know! Email us at email@example.com.